8 February 2023 – 2PM
The Hive, London, HA8 6AG or join online
On 16 December 2022, the FIFA Council approved sweeping changes to the regulations governing the activities of football agents. Under its new Football Agents Regulations, FIFA has introduced several restrictions on the way agents are permitted to operate. The most notable being:
- a cap on the level of fees which agents are permitted to charge;
- a prohibition on agents representing multiple parties in a transaction;
- more restrictive rules relating to the representation of minors;
- a prohibition on clubs discharging agents’ fees on a player’s behalf; and
- a restriction on fees being guaranteed (even when acting for a club on the acquisition of a player).
These regulations will have a major impact on the way agents are able to do business. It is very important that all agents are fully aware of the consequences of the rule changes.
The AFA would like to invite all intermediaries who are currently registered with the FA to register with it in order that we can send you further information on the effect of the regulations, how the AFA is approaching them and what individual agents and companies can do to support this.